This page will be dedicated to the ongoing and finished projects I am working on, this will be motorcycles, and will also include car/truck projects as well.
This is what I started with . 1977 KZ400 I got for $300, It ran, I actually rode it home.
It was really nasty dirty. I love the dog collar battery strap.
This was about an hour later...more dirt
Another view of the crud...
This was about three hours later, I removed about 8 pounds of un-necessary frame peices..
Ahhh...fresh paint and the triple trees installed.
A little mock up after I finished the rims.
Another mock up, after some work on the tank, and after I finished lacing the front wheel.
Love this mock up view, this is when I started to get excited about the overall look and I got a good feel for the flavor of this project.
The rear tail piece after I fabbed it up (fiberglass).
Seat foam is on.
Finally a rolling chassis with the motor back in, lots of detailing still to be done.
Wheelset with the rotor I drilled.
Well, here it is pretty much finished!!
Left side view
Better Pics coming very soon....
1977 KZ 400 Café Racer
· All work done to the bike was done by the builder; no outside sources were used in any stage of the build.
· The bike is registered as a 1977 Kawasaki KZ 400
· Custom modified frame; stock frame was heavily modified to suit the build. All metal fabrication and welding done by the builder.
· Fuel tank is from a 1979 Suzuki GT 500; all the metalwork on the tank including the custom filler neck and knee inserts was done by the builder.
· Bike was lowered approximately 2 inches using lowered front shocks and custom shortened rear shocks.
· Both front and rear wheels were built (laced and trued) by the builder. The spokes are all custom made for the wheels.
· Drilled front brake rotor.
· Custom front light brackets conceal the ignition; custom headlight bucket houses the light switch and warning lights.
· Custom “clubman” type handlebars (shortened), ignition switch and horn are located in the lever mounts for a very clean look. All wiring is located in the bars.
· Bar end mirrors
· 2.5 inch speedo on a custom bracket.
· One piece seat and rear tail section are custom made fiberglass, and the seat foam and leather cover were all fabricated by the builder.
· Leather seat cover is custom stitched by hand, no machine was used.
· Rear taillight is custom made from several different light parts.
· Battery is hidden under the tail section.
· Rear brake drum is custom drilled.
· Sprocket cover is custom made from original.
· Side mount license bracket and light holder is completely custom fabricated.
· Exhaust pipes are custom made and wrapped.
· Converted from dual carbs to single carb, custom intake manufactured by Billetproofcustoms.com is made from thick wall copper pipe.
· All body work and painting done by builder.